OUR COMMON BELIEFS
- All who participate in the Friends of Gnosis share equally in its care and sacredness.
- Those who act as custodians of the Friends of Gnosis do so on behalf of the community and do not have any elevated status
- Since the Friends of Gnosis has no dogmas or rule, all try within their given state of grace to live a life of mutual love, respect and equality.
- Each individual is free to be themselves and encouraged to grow as authentic persons and friends of gnosis.
- Each individual is responsible for their own actions independent of the community.
- There is a One, a Creator or God who emanates from the center of all life.
- A Holy Spirit emanates from the One to enlighten and create.
- All people are capable of direct experience of a Holy Spirit impervious to outside interpretation.
- Christ was able to realize more than others the fullness of humanity and divinity.
- The One is the one true source and all other god’s including the god of the bible are lesser god’s created from the spiritually immature minds of human beings.
- All counsels and dogmas which grew from the bible are human creations and not divinely inspired.
- Traditions such as the sacraments may have value and offer comfort to the human condition but are not necessary for salvation
- Jesus as an historical person shared in our humanity and realized more than anyone else the divinity of all creation and all its peoples.
- Jesus is therefore not God but an emanation from the One just as we all are.
- All expressions of religion are constructs of human minds which may serve to separate humanity from each other and the One.
- Jesus came to live and learn. When he departed this world Christ consciousness was created.
- The Christ comes to us all through a Holy Spirit and by many names and direct experiences.
- Jesus was born of the feminine as must we all. As such the story of a virgin birth is a myth which is another construct of the human mind.
- The need for a priesthood or priestcraft is not necessary for Christ consciousness.
- Patriarchal institutions which exist within today’s humanity are hegemonical and oligarchical.
- Christ consciousness is present and available to the entire human family and this grace does not need to be dispensed or mediated.
- Subsidiarity and participatory individuals and communities have no need for city states such as the Vatican, Mecca or Jerusalem. Nationalism, patriotism, muti-national and corporate entities are phantoms which do not possess a soul or have the ability to receive the gift of Christ consciousness.
- Christ consciousness is fluid and has no need for geo-religious or geo-political thought control or manipulations.
- Spiritual maturity and happiness comes from the reckoning of life and in the fulfilment of the mystery of a cosmic Christ.
- This mystery is an evolution of an individual and collective higher consciousness through the self- transcendent reality of the One.
This mystery is an evolution of an individual and collective higher consciousness through the self- transcendent reality of the One